Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

Ny iphone is disabled. i can't get it to work, I don't know.

Customer Question
Ny iphone is disabled...

Ny iphone is disabled. i can't get it to work

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know. I am 86 years old and not very good with my iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It happened last night when I tried to input my finger ID. I have pushed th round button on the bottom of my phone and the side button at the same time and it tells me my phone is disabled and try again in 15 minutes.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/5/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no backup
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know what is the model number of the iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is an older model. Bought 3-4 years ago i am on my MAC now as my iPhone is disabled.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

If you look at the back of the iPhone and Check if you see the IMEI number? Can I have that IMEI number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found the box it came in and it says it is 6 plus 16GB, model A1522
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Do you have any computer like Windows 10/8/7 or Macbook? Because we need to Connect your iOS device to your computer for restoring the phone.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I do not have anything except what came with this computer.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

So you are chatting with me in the Windows computer, right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my MAC
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Please open the iTunes in the computer and connect your iPhone to the computer using Apple USB cable.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think Iunesnis open and my Iphonr is connected to the computer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how canI be sure my iTunes is opened?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

What do you see in the screen when you opened the iTunes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2 we-chat apps on the left side of the screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you think we need to talk on the phone??
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

We can talk through live phone call option but there is additional charges applicable. Before that, We are about to do a reset on the iPhone. Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. If you are okay with that, we will proceed further.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is nothing much on my phone except contacts.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

We will try to restore the contact from the iClouds. Most of the time all the contact are backed up in the iCloud. Do you have the apple/iCloud User ID and password ***** you now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im not sure.I have one that says apple ID
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Can I have the apple ID? Let me verify the apple ID.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my apple password ***** *****@ I don't have an apple ID.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Can I have the firstname, Last name and your email address? Let me check if there is any matching records.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think my apple ID is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
first name is Susan Last name is ***** ********@******.***
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

If seems like the password ***** ***** matching. Do you have an access to the gmail account(*****@******.***)? We will send account reset instructions to your email address

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my iPad is working.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

An email has been sent to your email address,***@******.***. Follow the directions in the email to reset your apple ID password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank ou so much. You have been very helpful. I will reset my password.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Once it is resetted, please let me know. So that we can reset the iPhone.

Vinod Menon, Customer Service