Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I put my fingerprint in it and now it won't allow me access…

Customer Question
I put my fingerprint...

I put my fingerprint in it and now it won't allow me access - says it doesn't recognize my fingerprint and I need to enter my passcode. I entered the verif. code sent to me when I put my fingerprint in but that's not what it wants. Where do I find this passcode? It's been reading my fingerprint for two days and now won't. There's also a message that says finish setting up two-factor authentication.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Half an hour ago or so

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Haven't tried anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm by old and frustrated and made a call out by asking SIRI to call for me, but they haven't called me back yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/4/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

The passcode is not a verification code that would be sent to you. It exists only on your iPhone and only you should know it. If you have forgotten the passcode, the iPhone would need to be reset.

What is the model of your iPhone?