Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I deleted my notes...can I retrieve it? IPhone 6...os 10.3.

Customer Question
I deleted my notes...can...

I deleted my notes...can I retrieve it?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPhone 6...os 10.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It happened last nite....I went to iCloud and tried diskdrill

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/3/2018
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 6 months ago

Did you delete them twice?

No
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 6 months ago

they should be in deleted inside of notes.

I think I deleted the entire notes
R u there?
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 6 months ago

i am here

Can u retrieve my notes?
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 6 months ago

the application or a note?

The application....
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 6 months ago

With this guide.

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.

I went to the App Store...selected Notes...unable to restore it.
What is the total cost to securely restore "Notes"
R u there
Is anyone out there?
Can I get someone to help me restore my Notes app?
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Can you please verify the exact version of iOS you are currently running, please?

From the Home screen;

tap Settings

tap General

tap About

On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

OS 10.3.3

Thanks! ...and, to clarify, you deleted the Apple Notes app itself from the iPhone?

Ok, as you might know, if you deleted the Apple Notes app from the iPhone you have to restore it using the App Store.

On the iPhone, tap the App Store.

tap the Search option

Search for "Apple Notes"

Choose the correct app and tap the iCloud Download icon

This should re-anable it on your iPhone. If you get an error then please let me know exactly what it says.

I did that and it loaded it but all my notes was not restored. R they gone 4ever.

From a computer, go to https://www.icloud.com/ and sign in with the Apple ID used on your iPhone.

Click the Notes app.

Do you see your Notes?

I did that before contacting u and I saw notes app but it was empty.

Ok, how do you back up your iPhone - with iTunes or is it with iCloud?

iCloud

If you tap Settings > iCloud > Backups, does it show a backup time from prior to you deleting Notes?

6:27pm ystrdy

Ok, there is no guarantee that your Notes are in that back up but it may be your last chance to retrieve them in this case.

Keep in mind that if you restore the backup then your iPhone will be returned to the state it was in at 6:27pm yesterday.

You should be able to do the following to return to the last backup:

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

then tap “Erase all content and settings”

When the device restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant, sign in to iCloud, tap “Restore from a Backup,” then choose from a list of your backups in iCloud.

Your device is restored as follows: Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Camera Roll, and other content.

You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes, App Store, and iBookstore accounts to restore purchased items. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.

Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded. To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup (OR Settings > iCloud > Backup). Wait until the restore has completely finished to check for Notes.

B4 I do that, isn't Notes automatically backed up by iCloud. I was surprised when I went to iCloud.com and notes was empty. All my pics etc were backed up. I have started to recreate my notes in the new empty notes app and do I have to delete that app b4 backing up.

If you've added Notes to the app do the new ones show up on iCloud?

I checked. Im wondering if I had notes turned off in iCloud. If that is true can it ever be retrieved?

If you had Notes syncing in iCloud turned Off then the Notes should have been stored locally and *may* still be in your backup. Otherwise, they are gone sadly.

I will restore from backup...if it's there can I have two notes app?

No, not unless you download a third-party Notes app of some sort. However, if you restore from the back up and the Notes are there AND if it shows that iCloud syncing is off for Notes, it should pull your new notes back in as well if you turn that on.

Technician: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.