Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It was on then I looked screen was just black. wont do

Customer Question
It was on then...

It was on then I looked screen was just black. wont do anything and charge was at 95 percent just prior so its not that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

Was at 100 percent or close

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/3/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your phone question.
Was the phone very warm, or even hot, just before it went into 'black screen'?

If so, that might be the black screen of circuit death, you might have a phone whose CPU chip (or associated circuitry) has conked out, more (or hopefully less) permanently.

So: turn the phone OFF. If it won't turn Off, remove the battery (if that's easy to do.)

Leave it OFF for at least 2 hours, or overnight.

Then turn it On, and see whether it shows anything on its screen at any time, if so note it down before it vanishes from sight.

If it still does not show anything on the screen, at least the screen is dead, and repairs will be required - or, as you may choose, replacing it is a choice.

If something shows on the screen but it does not resume normal operation, Reply letting me know, and I will advise you further. Also let me know, if you need the location of a good repair shop near you, mentioning the phone's maker and model.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.