Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Im having trouble sending emails from my Iphone. The error…

Customer Question
Im having trouble sending...

Im having trouble sending emails from my Iphone. The error message says they can verify server identity

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Thuderbird

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Both. My web browser works fine. Its just my phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Backed phone up recently.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/4/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

It may be easiest to remove your account and re-add it to Apple's Mail app on the iPhone.

TO REMOVE ACCOUNT

From the home screen, tap Settings.

tap “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail”

From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.

tap “Delete Account”.

tap “Delete” to confirm.

TO ADD ACCOUNT

In Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail” …

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (AOL, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

Thanks and good luck!