Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I recently acquired An Apple I phone 7 plus wnen I try to…

Customer Question
I recently acquired...

I recently acquired An Apple I phone 7 plus wnen I try to set up my e mail on my Yahoo.com I D I have major problems because because I have forgotten my password. I try following the directions to reset a new password ***** always end up where I started. I would really appreciate some assistance, thank you Anne Gillingham. My Yahoo e mail address is***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

Yes on my I pad air.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I think I may have both.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael T
Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with your issue today.
When you change your password ***** you using a computer? It’s best to use a computer as sometimes using the phone to do it causes problems
Let me know, thanks
I am using an I Pad Air does that qualify ?
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
thats fine.. so when you changed your password, are you able to login to your email via a web browser with your new password?
I am trying to get access to a new smartphone Model 7 plus when I enter Yahoo it advises me to add my password ***** I can,t do since I have forgotten it when I follow the instructions I end up back where I started.
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Understood. I need you to go to the yahoo web browser on your Mac air.. click on forgot password. Change it online then test it online. Once tested, NOW login on your phone
First of all I was under the impression I was working with Yahoo who only advised me they would transfer me to someone who could help not to a different company. In one answer Michael T asked me if I was able to log in after I changed my password ***** had not yet changed my password ***** why I was wotking with him. I asked him if using my IPod Air would qualify he said yes and then advised how to use my Mac air which happens to be an Apple IPod Air. I had been passed around 4 times by 4 different agents and after 20 minutes I was answered but Michael T who didn't seem to be getting my problem and after being asked if I wanted to talk to a live person for $20.00 I gave up.I am sorry but I was not impressed and would like to request a refund.