Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

On Iphone 6s My contacts cannot hear me talking very well.

Customer Question
On Iphone 6s My...

On Iphone 6s My contacts cannot hear me talking very well. What is wrong with the phone?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I have no idea. Where do I find that information?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The phone is new and I do not use it very often. I bought it late last year and I just realize it was my phone not the way I was holding it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/2/2018
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 6 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The microphone hole may be blocked with debris.

Have you tried cleaning it out by blowing with compressed air or using a vacuum cleaner?