Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Turned on verizon phone and it stated this phone is linked…

Customer Question
Turned on verizon phone...

Turned on verizon phone and it stated this phone is linked to an apple ID. I have no idea what the original apple ID and password ***** Tried a new password ***** itunes but it did not take it on the verizon phone and is still asking for original apple ID and password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday on itunes homepage at my computer

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes still wants old ID and password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/2/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple ID and phone question.
If you don't know what Apple ID the Verizon phone was registered with, I regret to state that you probably should find fault with the phone and return it, promptly, to the seller. It might be a 'used' phone, or it could even the a stolen phone, quite easily. In which case, it's not good to touch the phone for any purpose but returning it to the seller.

And if it was sold 'Used' or 'As-Is', then you may, unfortunately, have an unusable phone - given that you have no scrap of a clue as to who it belonged to originally (and thus, no way of finding out its Apple ID.)