Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

IPhone 7 I forgot my password. About a month ago

Customer Question
IPhone 7 I forgot...

IPhone 7 I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/1/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether you forgot the Apple ID password ***** iPhone passcode?

iPhone password
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Could you please tell me what do you see in the Iphone screen? Is it showing disabled?

iPhone is disabled for 1 hour
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

Just reset it
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

I understand but unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. In order to do a reset the iPhone we need to Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. So do you have any computer like Windows or Mac computer?

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Once the iPhone 7 is connected to the computer, please open the iTunes. And then Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Once it is done please let me know.

Nothing is happening
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Can you try this, Press and hold both the Sleep/wake button and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

No help
Will not go to reset mode
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 3 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Are you pressing the sleep wake button on the side of the device not the circle home button?

Just refund my money I will go to the Apple store tomorrow
Vinod Menon, Customer Service