Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I'm trying to download my photos from icloud to my updated…

Customer Question
I'm trying to download...

I'm trying to download my photos from icloud to my updated phone.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Iphone 8 plus

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The phone is new, so I have not been able to retrieve from icloud from my previous phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I had to purchase more storage from icloud prior to backing everything up to icloud. This was done two days ago at the AT&T store.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 6 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. Do you perform the back up on the old device first?

the sales person did it

Have you tried to run the icloud back up/sync on the new device?

I’m not sure what that intells
Can you tell me?

On the new device go to settings/icloud and enter your itunes/icloud username and password.

Navigate to storage and back up and select back up now

The system is set up so I can only call out through the system if you except.

Did that help any?

when I went into Settings and then clicked on icloud, it didn't require me to enter my ID and Password. I was able to click on back up now.

Awesome that means it was set up but just not synced yet.

is that automatic and how long does that take?

It takes some time. It can be hours depending on the amount of data it must sync.

I changed phones Saturday, 2 days ago. Does it take that long? I do see the spinning on the phone as if something is happening.

It depends on the number of pictures, notes etc you have. Again it can take hours depending on the internet connection.