Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I'm locked out! Last night, after I locked my phone...but…

Customer Question
I'm locked out! Technician's...

I'm locked out!

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Last night, after I locked my phone...but then forgot my PIN

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No, since I can't use my phone. done some searching online, tried using devicemanager with my google acct. can I do a factory reset online?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Ah ... no, thanks!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/1/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. What keep of device do you have?

LG3
I can't call because I'm locked out of my phone. it's in "this phone is lost" status.
should I choose "erase"? if so, can I do it without losing data?

erase will cause data loss!

Go to lock and enter a new password

Do not erase!

okay then ... how do I UNlock the phone without losing data?

Go to lock and enter a new password

when I went to "lock" it didn't ask for a new password ***** just a message to leave on my phone. I left the message "please call(###) ###-#####34; and it still reads "Locked by Find My Device"

Do you enter the pin many times?

I locked my phone for the 1st time ever last night, then was never able to get back in using the PIN. Since then, I have tried entering the PIN about 40 times now, but no luck opening the phone. Since then, I have gone to Google Find My Device on my laptop and now the display indicates that it's locked by FMD and allows either an emergency call or to enter my PIN ... which I don't know.

Ok by entering the password ***** many times the device locks down. The only way past it is a erase reset.

you mean where all the data is erased? once this happens, will I be free to use my phone "from scratch"?

Yes it is a factory reset so all data that is not backed up to a card or app is gone sadly.

guess that's what i'll do. thanks for your help.

No problem I wish we had a better result!

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

it didn't ask for a new password ***** nothing's changed, other than my phone now displays "call owner ... locked by Find My Device"

This showing after it was erased?

Samuel White
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert