Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I forgot my password and am trying to reset the phone but…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** am trying to reset the phone but it's asking me for the password ***** email address used to set up the acct.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

On Wednesday

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No, right now I'm at a screen that tells me that the pone is locked because of an abnormal factory reset and to sign in but I don't know the ID or password ***** to set up the acct.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. that'll do it. Are they going to call me on another line or email me?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Are you working on unlocking my phone?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/29/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 7 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help. If the phone is asking for the username and password ***** factory reset will not bypass this. This is an anti-theft feature on your device to make it so someone who steals it cannot just reset it and sell it. Do you remember the username at least? (you only need to answer yes or no...please do not provide this information as it will be visible to others on this page)

No, would it be a email address?
We already paid $20 is this an additional $20 for phone call?

The call requests that they send are auto-generated. It is up to you if you prefer a call. I am fine helping you here via chat.

Yes the username is ***** ***** address you or whoever set up the device for you would have used.

Chat works for me.
Well I probably know the email address I would have used.

Ok, in that case, we can attempt to reset the password ***** get this working for you.

Do you have a PC or laptop you can use to attempt to reset the password ***** me?

Great, please go to this page and enter your email address as the username so we can attempt to reset the password: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Thia is a Samsung S5

Oh ok, I am sorry. That is a bit different. Was a reset actually done on the device as far as you know?

it was.

Ok, she with Samsungs they have googles device protection so when you reset a password ***** a reset it will not let you log in with that new password ***** 24 hours, unfortunately.

OK, how do we reset the password?

I am getting that now give me just a few moments.

Thank you very much.

I am sorry for the mix up earlier I get this questions more with iPhones so that was front of mind.

Did that work ok for you?

thank you. It is restoring now.

Fantastic!!

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

the phone is still restoring. is this normal?

The time varies greatly depending on the amount of data and the data speed.