Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a new apple iPhone 8 and my iCloud is wrong. It won't…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new apple iPhone 8 and my iCloud is wrong. It won't allow me to remove it unless I put in a password ***** I can't recall. It's the original iCloud from years age attached to an old email address. How do I change this so I can finish setting up my phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Just today i tried putting in my new id and password ***** it keeps on reverting back to my other email. The store id is correct just the iCloud is wrong

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/27/2017
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Technician: Harry, IT replied 5 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Have you tried to reset the password ***** the old account?

it says it doesn’t exist but it won’t let me change it

What is the exact error that it shows?

I press sign out then it wants a password ***** the Id which is wrong/old Apple ID and I don’t know the pw so I press forgot pw then it says the Id doesn’t exist

Do you know the email address?

The problem one is***@******.***

That is not a valid Apple ID

I know that’s what I told you. I changed it years ago
For some reason that id is stuck in iCloud the apple store is correct

Yes, it will continue to use the old iCloud information if you updated your apps using that account information at any point.

Have you spoken to Apple regarding that account?

No sure what you mean. This didn’t happen with my last device. Thought you were apple support

No, we are not Apple.

What the hell I put in for Apple support

No, we are not Apple support.

I will close the question for you now since you reached the wrong company.

I want my money back I was lead to believe it was Apple support
Vinod Menon, Customer Service