Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

Im lock out of my iphone I Need my phone for work.I Need…

Customer Question
Hi Im lock out...

Hi Im lock out of my iphone I Need my phone for work.I Need help getting my phone to work.Don

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Two days ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not to good with phone I'll check it out I Was told it would be 12 days before I Could use the phone again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need the phone to work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
12/26/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 1 month ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is your iPhone showing "iPhone is disabled" now ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My phone is showing iphone is disabled connect to itunes

Which model of iPhone is this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model iphone 7

If you are locked out and the iPhone is disabled, then your only option is, erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allows you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Following are the two methods to fix it

Method 1 : Erase from iCloud

If you have iCloud enabled on it and also if your iPhone is connected to WiFi/internet, then you can do the erase (restore) from iCloud - so you don't have to go through the restore steps.

On your computer, go to www.icloud.com

Login to your iCloud/Apple account. Click Find iPhone. Select your iPhone under All Devices. Click Erase button and it will be erased (if it is connected to WiFi network). This will erase and restore your iPhone . After that, setup your iPhone .

If this didn't work, then please do the Method 2 following below;

Method 2 : Fix it using iTunes on your computer by putting the phone to recovery/DFU mode

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the Volume down button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Smartphone Tech