Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I've got a new iPhone. I backed up old iPhone to iTunes. I'm…

Customer Question
Hi, I've got a...

Hi, I've got a new iPhone. I backed up old iPhone to iTunes. I'm now restoring to new iPhone from iTunes bac up. I'm asked to enter password ***** unlock iPhone back up. I've tried a few passwords but none of them wor. How do I get past his impasse?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

In last hour.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

My normal June's sorry will type type that again

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
How does that work? Need my mobile number?thanks
Next? Thanks
12/25/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 6 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. Is it asking for a username and passcode?

Just a passcode. I send a picture. My normal iTunes password ***** not work.
Is there a way of getting around this passcode when i seek to restore backup on my new phone. Can i reset this password *****?
Are you at work now Samuel. Thanks for helping.

Ok, I am here. If it is the passcode you will have to reset the device to factory settings to bypass. You can post reset restore anything you had backed up previously.

The question pops up on iTunes when I go to restore data to my new iPhone. Which device (old or new) do I reset to factory settings. Won’t the request for password ***** pop up? Did you see the picture?
Thanks Samuel
If that's when it's asking it may need your iTunes password. If you don't recall it you can reset it by going to iforgot website

Were you successful?

No.
I’ve given up.

You are not going to reset it in order to use the phone again?