Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I just got it yesterday, and a sim card was activated and…

Customer Question
I just got it...

I just got it yesterday, and a sim card was activated and put in the phone. However, I can't get it to activate with the sim card in. I have restored it 5 times, I have reset it multiple times and I get activation lock. I know I put the right Apple ID and password, I spoke with an apple representative yesterday for an hour and she told me to call AT ATT, I chatted with an ATT rep for about the same length trying every troubleshooting idea they had.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Through iTunes?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The phone works without the sim card. The sim card shows as activated through att, but when the sim is inserted, it will run through set up but it will not stay on the app screen within a second or two it goes back to activation lock

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
12/25/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 1 month ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To recover your Apple ID account, try the following:https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid--------------------Happy Holidays!Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.Pete.--------------------
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer