Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My wife got a new iphone and i took her old iphone. i

Customer Question
My wife got a...

My wife got a new iphone and i took her old iphone. i changed the email address an password ***** the phone is still in her name how do i change it??

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Robert Buser

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Like what?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/23/2017
Technician: ethicsprof,
 replied 4 months ago
ethicsprof

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Technician: ethicsprof,
 replied 4 months ago

So, the easiest way to get that new(ish) iPhone in your name is ***** ***** it. This will wipe the phone, including all the previous settings, address book, etc. and then you can reconfigure it. However, if you'd like to keep some of the current settings without having to start fresh, there are a few key places to change information so that the device is properly "customised" for you. I'm assuming that you are using iOS 10.x or later, but let me know if this isn't the case and I can adapt for an older version. These are:

(1) In settings => general, change the property for "name"

(2) In settings => Apple ID (the very top option in Settings) you should change the iCloud account to be yours. To do this, scroll to the bottom of this screen, then tap "Sign Out" at the very bottom. Return to this screen and sign in as your proper iCloud account.

(3) In settings => Touch ID & Passcode, you should change the fingerprints to match your own for unlocking etc.

(4) In settings => iTunes & App Store, tap the Apple ID option and then "Sign Out" of the iTunes account. Tap apple ID to login again using a proper account.

(5) In Settings => Mail => Accounts, remove all the accounts which aren't your own and add yours here (this may be already set by iCloud under (1) above)

This should be nearly everything! And I'm assuming you'll already have done some of these. But let me know if you've tried them all and there are still some remaining customisations you want to remove. Happy to help with further troubleshooting if there is any!

ethicsprof
ethicsprof
ethicsprof