Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I just got a new iPhone and had pictures and videos on it. I…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new iPhone and had pictures and videos on it. I then connected to iTunes and clicked restore. I lost all of my new pictures/videos. I did not back up my new phone yet. Is there a way to find the new pictures? or are they lost forever? Please help!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

A while ago not recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

If you have your iPhone continually synced with the iCloud, you may be aboe to find the pictures from your new iPhone there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have my iPhone continually synced with iCloud. Now what?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you still there?

When you restored the image of your old iPhone onto your new iPhone, the contents of your new iPhone were replaced by your old iPhone mage. I must tell you that you cannot simply add new information to the information that was already there. That is not how it works. The entire stored memory of the new iPhone was replaced by the entire stored memory of the old iPhone. Your new information, your new photographs are gone, and there is no way to recover them

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer