Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I downloaded a upgrade and now my iPhone 6 is locked out -it…

Customer Question
I downloaded a upgrade...

I downloaded a upgrade and now my iPhone 6 is locked out -it is saying requires a passcode-don’t have a clue what it is

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Sept 21 2016

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Ya I am not very tech savy

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/22/2017
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

Not sure think I have icloud
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago

Okay, Do you have any windows computer or Macbook? The reason why I am asking is we need to Connect your Apple device to the computer for restoring.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you have any windows computer or Macbook? The reason why I am asking is we need to Connect your Apple device to the computer for restoring.

Just want to know how much I’m being charged I see I have 3accounts open did that by mistake
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago

If there is any addition charges, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

I have a iPad Air
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago

Is it possible to arrange any computer from your friend or family member? Because we need to restore iPhone with the help of the computer.

Can we just cancel this whole thing I will have to go to apple store
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago

I am sorry for the inconvenience, I tried my level best to help. If you wish to cancel this service. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Vinod Menon, Customer Service