Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iphone will not back up to the icloud. 11.2.1. In itunes,

Customer Question
My iphone will not...

My iphone will not back up to the icloud

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

In itunes, says the phone has never backed up to the cloud

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My phone is not working well, shuts off continuously. So I purchased the X, just trying to get it started up. Been trying for 14 days now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
I have backed the old iphone 7 to my computer. I have rebooted the old phone several times, never backs up to the icloud. I am connected to my strongest router for wifi, showing full bars. When you look at iCloud backup for the 7, says: Never. My MacBook Pro has never backup to the iCloud either.
12/22/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today.

Best thing to do here is backup to the icloud so you can then sign into your new X with your icloud and it will begin to download your saved backup.. Eliminate the computer part of it.. For me it makes it more complicated than it should

Are you signed into iCloud on your i7?

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

Please go to SETTINGS - TAP ON YOUR NAME AT THE TOP OF THE SETTINGS SCREEN

SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK ON YOUR DEVICE

CLICK ON ICLOUD BACKUP - TURN IT ON IF NEEDED AND CHOOSE BACK UP NOW

When the backup has completed you can sign in on your X and begin the download of all apps and information

If you have any issues, please let me know and ill walk you through it

Thanks Mike

did that last night, before bed, it never backed up, said it had 11 hours remaining. This morning I rebooted the old phone. It currently says I have 4 hours remaining, not moved much since 11 am. I am only backing up email, notes, messages, contacts, calendars, home, @ 172.4 GB.... NO PHOTOS
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

It should only take a couple of hours unless its never been done before then maybe 4.

Can you verify that your old phone is connected to wifi?

Please turn the x off and leave it to one side. At this point it is just confusing things.

First we need a backup using your iphone 7 and nothing else...

When you try to backup your 7, what does it say?

connected to WiFi, just turned off the X. The iCloud backup bar has not moved and now says it has 5 hours remaining
I have the 7 connected directly to the computer to stay charged, currently at 100%
I will say again, I think this is an iCloud issue. I am having the same issue with my MacPro, has never backed up to the iCloud in a year and 6
months
Is there anything else I can do? so far you have given me no new direction. I am trying to get out today, but stuck here doing this.... another futile attempt
Technician: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.