Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I bought an iPhone 5 at an estate sale, it was in a box with…

Customer Question
I bought an iPhone...

I bought an iPhone 5 at an estate sale, it was in a box with about a dozen older phones. It was locked to ATT but apple unlocked it for me. Now it is bound to the original owner’s account and it wants me to contact the original

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My account is fine, the phone is bound to the original owner’s account and I believe he is dead.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

They unlocked it for me but didn’t give me any advi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to replace my granddaughter’s iPhone that got run over when I totaled my car on vacation It fell out when they pulled her from the wreck and either the ambulance or fire truck crunched it beyond repair.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.