Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I forgot my passcode for my iphone 6 plus. 3 days ago. I…

Customer Question
I forgot my passcode...

I forgot my passcode for my iphone 6 plus

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

3 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I also did my thumb print as additional security

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/21/2017
Technician: sudipto_dutta,
 replied 7 months ago
sudipto_dutta

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Technician: sudipto_dutta,
 replied 7 months ago

There is no way to remove the passcode except resetting the device to factory defaults, it will erase all the data on the phone and along with the passcode, do you want to try that?

Obviously, as there is no other choice?
Why wouldn't the Apple tech support tell me that so I could have avoided this whole process that added no value!
You just told me "There is no way to remove the passcode except resetting the device to factory defaults" so what are you asking for $52 to do what?
This service sucks!