Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iphone keeps disconnecting in the middle of call iphone…

Customer Question
My iphone keeps disconnecting...

My iphone keeps disconnecting in the middle of call iphone 6

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

5 weeks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/21/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. Allow me a moment to look over your question.

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

When the call drops do you here a series of beeps then it hangs up? or ONE beep then it hangs up?

There are no beeps I can hear them but they can’t hear me
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

I would like to explore the possibility of something..... and please don't hate me hahaha

Is it POSSIBLE that when you are on the call that you are bumping the mute button on your phone with your cheek? It would explain what you are experiencing

Can you make a call and put it on speakerphone on your desk or table and see if the call holds for me? just to test this theory

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

it sounds stupid but you wouldn't believe how many people do it by accident

That is what I was already doing.
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Could you please explain your response? Do you mean it happens on speaker phone as well?

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Ok thankyou for clarifying. Have you tried a soft reset on the phone yet?

No remind me how to do the soft reset
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

HOLD power button AND the home button down at the same time.. Keep holding them down until the screen goes black and when you see the APPLE logo, then let go

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

after the reset, please try your calls again and see if the issue has been corrected

Okay I will try that
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

If the reset does not work there are only 2 more options left... Either a full factory reset will correct the issue OR that could be just wasting time because it could be a hardware issue where the radio receiver has been damaged

It depends which route you want to try. In my experience, the factory reset only solves 25% of these issues... Most times the phone needs to have a new receiver installed... The apple store sometimes do not charge for this IF there is zero evidence the phone has been mishandled/dropped... If your phone is new to you then you may still have warranty on it that the store where you got it will store honor.

I can walk you through a factory reset BUT it may not solve the issue which is a lot of work for you to go through for a no result