Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

IPHONE 4S

Customer Question
IPHONE 4S
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE MY BROTHER IS IN HOSPITAL & I NEED MY PHONE. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE
12/21/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. Allow me a moment to look over your question

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

What is the issue with your phone?

I DONT HAVE VOICE ON MY COMPUTER & IM NOT VERY COMPUTER SAVOY
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Please give me details of your issue.. At this moment I have no idea what the issue is.

I DONT KNOW IF I CAN RECEIVE CALLS ON MY CELL PHONE IT SAYS PHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED?
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Please try a forced reset. hold the power button down and the home key at the same time. Hold them both until you see the apple logo THEN let go

Let me know if this works

WAITING APPLE CAME UP STILL SAYING ACTIVATION REQUIRED
PLEASE HELP ME
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Was your phone working just fine before?

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Have you changed your sim card?

I DONT HAVE A SIM CARD & DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS I HAVE HAD THIS PHONE FOR YEARS & NEVER HAS THIS COME UP
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you 1000% sure you do not have a sim card installed that you didn't know about? Can you please check, because it might solve the issue

On the right side of your phone you will see a drawer and a little hole. Use a paperclip to push into the hole and push till the drawer pops out

Verify it is empty please

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

A​LSO have you tried swiping left or right on the activation screen to get options?

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

You WILL need a WIFI connection to activate your phone. With no issues in the past this should only take a few mins

Please connect to wifi

IT SAYS CHOOSE A WI-FI NETWORK OR CHOOSE I-tunes but it doesn't work
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

So you are on WIFI and connected?

my computer is on Wi-Fi but I don't have the password ***** it. Why would I need Wi-Fi for my phone? never asked for it before
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

I need your phone to connect to wifi... Its needed for activation purposes. Apple uses it to verify your information

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

you CAN use your laptop if iTunes is on it.. Does it have iTunes on it and can you connect your phone with a cord?

no I don't know how
not computer savy I'm old
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm very sorry But I have to log off now. Another expert will be assisting you with this question.

I'm sorry but I need help ASAP
PLEASE HELP ME ASAP
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me if you recall the password ***** your Apple ID?

Please let me know