Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Locked myself out of my phone and don't know the password.

Customer Question
Locked myself out of...

Locked myself out of my phone and don't know the password

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

2days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Not yet, how do I do it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/21/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 8 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I put in a password ***** my S4 and cannot remember it. Now I cant get in.

Turn off the phone.

Press and hold at the same time Volume UP,Home and Power keys. When you see Galaxy logo release the Power key but continue to hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.

Release them when the Android System Recovery screen appears. Use Volume Up/Down keys for navigation and Power On key for OK. Choose "wipe cache partition", "Yes -- delete all user data", "reboot system now".