Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an old iPhone that I haven't used for years and want…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old iPhone that I haven't used for years and want to give it to my granddaughter, The phone is in activation lock and I can't get it fixed.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

On the old phone...several years ago. I have a new phone that I'm using and changed that a few months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. It is telling me that I have to contact the original owner to have them remove the device from their account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know how to do that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/21/2017
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Thank you