Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am showing no coverage in areas where I usually have no…

Customer Question
I am showing no...

I am showing no coverage in areas where I usually have no problem - like my home

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Iphone 5

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Couple of days. I didn't know what to try. I had dropped the phone in water about a week ago but it has been working normally until this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

The battery doesn't seem to hold the charge as long as it had

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/20/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. Allow me a moment to look over your question.

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

Please perform a soft reset on your phone first of all. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time and don't let go until you see the APPLE logo on the phone.

Lets try that first and see if that solves the issue. If not, we will then update the PRL which will increase network coverage IF there is an update available

Please let me know

Thankyou

I did it but doesn't seem to have improved. Showing only one bar
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

Thanks.. Ok now go to settings, then ABOUT, if there is a PRL update you will get a box come up to update it automatically

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

ALSO just as some information, IF they are working on the cell phone tower closest to you, they turn it off... You MAY be getting signal from a far away tower instead. It happens to me sometimes and you can really see the difference in signal. Honestly if everything else functions normally except the signal I would bet that was the issue. When dropped into water they either work or not work, no inbetween... If no PRL update I am pretty sure that is what is going on here... Its more common than you might think when they are working on the towers

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

See if you can find a friend on the same network so you can compare signal strengths.

No update. How long should I expect that they would work on a tower?
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

Its usually no more than a couple of days... Its annoying, but they have to do it now and again

Weather is also a factor, often bad weather or cloudy days will effect coverage too.

Just some things to think about

Will do but it won't be until later. I will reconnect thrm
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 8 months ago

If your cell service signal is different from a friends phone then it would indicate a damaged receiver, If you have ever HIT the corner of your phone pretty hard it can damage it