Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I live in Ecuador. I recently bought an iPhone 6 plus from…

Customer Question
Hi. I live...

Hi. I live in Ecuador. I recently bought an iPhone 6 plus from China. It worked fine for months but now it does not receive a phone signal from my carrier. I have two iPhones. The other is a 5. It also began to act up about the same time, but I fixed it with a reset. I have done everything for the 6, even a hard back up but nothing works. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It's been at least three weeks. I have tried everything on the internet. I also took it to my provider and we changed out the sim card. my card would work on other iphones but not this one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Sometimes I would receive a signal for up to three hours before it would start searching again.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/20/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Let me know what the basic answer is. If needed, I will be happy to pay $20 extra.

What is the error message that you see?

Searching
I have tried everything listed on the internet. I really believe it is a software issue with Apple.

What do you mean that you purchased it from China? Was it a person in China? Were you in China when you bought it?

Thought maybe you had a software trick.
I bought it from eBay. It was refurbished, supposedly, and sent out from Hong Kong.

It sounds like you have a bad phone. I would contact the seller for a refund or replacement

How would upgrading the software make my phone bad?

I never said upgrading the software made your phone bad.

I also had trouble with an older 5 phone that when I reset it, it worked. This does not make sense.
Forget it. You don't understand.

OK

Give me my money back.

You can speak to customer service regarding a refund.

Merry Christmas!