Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

RECIEVED AN UPDATE AND TRIED TO INSTALL, T REMEMBER

Customer Question
RECIEVED AN UPDATE AND...

RECIEVED AN UPDATE AND TRIED TO INSTALL, DON T REMEMBER PASSCODE, CAN YOU PROVIDE ME THAT PASSCODE OR HELP ME CHANG IT WITHOUT DUMPING MY PHONE?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

NOT LONG AGO

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

DO NOT KNOW HOW

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

N0

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/20/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. Allow me a moment to look over your question.

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Ive had alot of customers over the last week have this same issue. I need you to do a soft reset of the phone.

What model do you have? Ill send instructions

APPLE 8
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you please hold the power button down and at the same time, hold volume down and dont let go till you see the apple logo on your phone

Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Call me at(###) ###-####

I cannot call you.

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup