Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

We have a disgruntled employee who just factory reset his…

Customer Question
Hi we have a...

Hi we have a disgruntled employee who just factory reset his iPhone, can the information be recovered?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, he just brought it in and it is back at the pick a language setting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just need to recover our work information / pics/text/contacts etc

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/19/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
Michael T

Hi,my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today

The deal is this, yes he has permanently wiped the phone by doing the factory reset... That info is gone forever

HOWEVER, if he was using a company iCloud account and a company apple id then all the info will still be up in the cloud

If he used his OWN apple id to operate the phone and wiped it you will never have access to that info again

Let me know what the situation is with the ID and we can go from there

Thanks, Mike

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

(as a side note, please ignore the computer generated offers) They are not needed in this case

I will try to get our phone plan provider to recover the information. Thanks anyway.
I want to confirm also that this is my "free" trial conversation
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago

They will not be able to if he factory reset. It overwrites and destroys the information

I am just a tech paid by the question, so i am unable to see the payment side of things.

If thats what you signed up for then it should be.

If you could rate me 5 stars for my time today I would very much appreciate it

Thankyou and have a very good holiday with your family

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T