Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Somehow I have "locked" my iphone...I am using the Apple ID…

Customer Question
Somehow I have "locked"...

Somehow I have "locked" my iphone...I am using the Apple ID and password ***** wrote down when I purchased the phone...but it says one or the other is incorrect

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never, This is still the same password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

NO, I did not realize I could

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/18/2017
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether do you see any thing which says iPhone is disabled or is it asking for Apple ID and password?

It says 'Activation Lock' and then says "this iphone is linked to an Apple ID. enter the apple ID and password ***** were used to set up this iphone. I have tried that but it says i am incorrect??
My iphone # is(###) ###-####
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please tell me what is the Apple ID which is linked with the iPhone?

apple ID - *************.com

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please verify your birthday MM/DD/YYYY?

************

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Please answer the following question

1. What is the first name of your best friend in high school?

2. What is the name of the street where you grew up?

1. Don Creamer
2. Hobart Street
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

It seems like those answers weren't matching properly. Can you give a try or are you sure those answers were right?

Don C***** was my best friend in High School, My first car was a ford, and I grew up on Hobart St.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry, I am unable to reset the password ***** getting message stating we tried too many attempts. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Since we were not able to do anything with my phone I would like to completely cancel any and all charges to my credit card. As I am not satisfied with my results. I will make a person appearance at my nearest Apple store (which would be the same one I made my original purchase).
Vinod Menon, Customer Service