Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Karrie here, my apple iphone 6 plus' battery loses its

Customer Question
Hi Karrie here, my...

Hi Karrie here, my apple iphone 6 plus' battery loses its charge quickly.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I have had trouble especially in the last couple of weeks. The phone touch screen has been bad. Did a hard boot, pressing both buttons last night and it seemed better now it is going down fast this afternoon. just going to plug in. I have no other way to call

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Draining of the battery is the worst now since the reboot. My brother says he feels the phone is slow.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/17/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today.

Please go to settings then scroll down and click battery

What is the TOP drainage item and what is the percentage of this item drain?

Also the iphone 6 that i owned previously had massive power drain issues out of the blue and the apple store replaced the battery and it was fine for a long time right up until I upgraded

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

So, basically, either you have an app that is severely draining your power OR the battery has malfunctioned which turns bad instantly. One minute you have a charge for a full day or two THEN you have to charge it every 6 hours cause its draining. Another thing you can do is turn off some of your apps bacground services which some are ALWAYS running.

Also BLUETOOTH absolutely kills the iphone 6, so never leave that on either

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

On the iphone 7 and 8 you can actually leave the bluetooth on and there is minimal battery drain but they didnt think about that on the 6.

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T