Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iPhone 7 will not connect to my home internet but my

Customer Question
My iPhone 7 will...

My iPhone 7 will not connect to my home internet but my husband's phone, my PC and my TVs are al connecting. This suddenly happened last night and I have been comparing the settings on my husband's phone and cannot see a difference. When I attempt to join by entering the password, I get a message that the password ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have also turned my phone off in hopes of resetting the right settings but that doesn't change anything either

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/17/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question

Please check that you are clicking the correct household network

Make sure your password ***** ***** and that you are not forgetting to place a capitol letter

Get your husband to disconnect then have him click to forget network. The have him put the password ***** just like you had to. If he cannot connect then we have a wrong password *****

Please advise

Thankyou

The password ***** ***** home phone number. Not easy to mistake that
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Was your husband able to perform the test and reconnect?

I’m not home right now so I can’t test it. Can I get back with you later today?
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Absolutely, You can just check your email later on and find the link back to this question and we can continue.

Hope you have a great day and see you then

The steps you suggested did not resolve my problem. I Got it fixed through my internet provider. Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas!
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

I haven't given any steps yet hahaha just a test to point me in the right direction, Glad you got it fixed. Merry Christmas to you too..