Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

This morning my husband used my iPhone to take a picture and…

Customer Question
Hi. This morning...

Hi. This morning my husband used my iPhone to take a picture and load it up on my computer. In doing so he managed to erase my recent texts from about August 2017. Is there some way to get my information back? Also my phone numbers are gone, as well as some of my pictures. Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a backup set up on iTunes or iCloud?

I don't know. I'm quite a bit older than most of the users.

Technician's Assistant: How long ago was your picture deleted?

About 1 month ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it. Except that without my text service it's hard for me to 'speak' to my children and grandchildren.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/17/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry, it sounds like your husband accidentally restored your iPhone to the backup you made on August. I'm sorry, you can't undo it. It is almost impossible to recover overwritten data from the iPhone.

Your only hope is iCloud backup. If there is iCloud backup, then you can restore your phone to that backup. Go to Settings > your name > iCloud > Backup and do you see a more recent backup there ?

If so, you can erase your iPhone and restore to that iCloud backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and this will restore your iPhone to more recent backup.

If that didn't work, then try this recovery application on your computer --> http://www.wondershare.com/drfone-iphone-data-recovery.html

Try the trial version. If that didn't work as well, then I'm sorry. There is no way to get the old data back.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.