Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I My I phone 7 is disabled because I couldn't remember my 4…

Customer Question
I My I phone...

I My I phone 7 is disabled because I couldn't remember my 4 digit pass code after I changed it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not change my apple ID or password. Just the code to open the phone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes 4 days ago and again today. It told me they would text instructions about how to fix it within 3 days to my husbands phone but nothing came in after 3 days.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/17/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 8 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

If it is the passcode to get into the device it can be removed however, this does require a factory reset of the device. After the reset, all information not backed up on the device will be gone as a protection.