Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Got it wet about 3 hrs ago stopped working. Jitterbug red…

Customer Question
Got it wet about...

Got it wet about 3 hrs ago stopped working

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Jitterbug red flip type

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

Got wet 3 hrs ago have packet it in dry rice

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Phone was wet for 1 hr

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/16/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Power off the phone and leave it for at least 24-48 hours to fully dry out before turning it on again.

Remove any parts that you can, e.g. covers, battery.

Place it in a bag of rice and leave it in a warm dry place for at least a full day to ensure all traces of moisture have been removed from inside it.

If you try to power it on too early it will fry the phone.

Let me know if the phone works for you again after doing the above.