Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I phone 7. IOS, I think. My question is, why does a number…

Customer Question
IOS, I think Technician's...

IOS, I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

My question is, why does a number from my contacts call me and it says the contact name or 1 or 2 others

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/16/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This will happen when you have multiple contacts with the same number.

Perhaps 3 people with the same home line, or work line for example.

It can sometimes be useful if you only have 2 people using the same home phone line for example, as it will say Bob or Charlie.

If you don't want this to happen when multiple contacts share the same number, you could make a company contact for any numbers that people share.