Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need help with resetting an old phone to return to

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with resetting an old phone to return to assurion.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is an iPhone SE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I reset it today, but had to turn it back on to make sure the track my iPhone was turned off. Now I need to get to the settings to do the reset again, but it won't let me. it wants me to go though setting up the phone and backing up from icloud.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to set up the new phone and upload the contacts

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would like someone to call me. My phone number is(###) ###-####
My case number ***** *****
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
12/16/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question

Before july of this year you used to be able to login to a web browser and deactivate the find my iphone feature but that isn't possible anymore.

I would suggest you sign into that phone again JUST enough to get to that one setting. Once you have turned find my iphone off then you can just abort everything else and erase it all again. This is FAR less painful than doing anything else.

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Unfortunately apple has made this function more difficult for us as the consumer for high security reasons.

Its a pain in the behind but it is for our safety of information so although massively inconvenient its a good thing.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance,please use the reply box and let me know and ill be more than happy to help you more

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

I know its a bit late now but ALWAYS in future turn off the find my iphone feature, before you send it off like your doing or ANY time you go to a new phone.

Alot of companies wont tell you this so don't feel bad.. This happens far too often with my customers. I think there should be more information provided by these companies to ensure people dont have to go through what your going through. Its just a huge mess now to reverse it if you don't know about it.. I mean it will take 30 mins probably to do it but you will be fine and good to go... I know its frustrating

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T