Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an Iphone 6. For several weeks now, it will not hold…

Customer Question
I have an Iphone...

I have an Iphone 6. For several weeks now, it will not hold a charge. When I plug it in and get 100% battery life showing on it, I take it out of charge and within 2 hours it shuts off. I have to plug it back in and it shows less than 10% battery. Also, when I try to open internet, it takes forever to open and often times I get msg that says safari cannot open doc.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

All solid

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/15/2017
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
This sounds like the iPhone may have more than one issue going on, however it may be that the battery and the network / Safari issues are connected. If they are then a forced reboot and network reset will correct them.
Follow these steps please.
On your iPhone 6: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Then release. After it powers on, follow these steps next please.Tap Settings.
Tap General.
Scroll down t.o the bottom of the page and tap Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings.You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then try reconnecting your iPhone to the network again.
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

did that work for you?