Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an I phone 5S. A friend made a call on it and when…

Customer Question
I have an I...

I have an I phone 5S. A friend made a call on it and when she handed it back to me the flashlight was on and I could not unlock it, turn it off, or do anything with it. The flashlight is still on.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Where do I go to? Apple.com?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/15/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. So are you locked out of the phone and cannot use your passcode or is it frozen?

Can you hold down the power button and the home button at the same time until it turns off and see what happens when you turn it back on?

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

The reset should take care of this issue. Once you turn it back on let me know the status please

So hold the home button down and at the same time hold down the sleep/wake/power button

Hold both buttons for 10 seconds until the apple logo appears