Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an I phone I got about 3 yrs ago. It won't let me…

Customer Question
I have an I...

I have an I phone I got about 3 yrs ago. It won't let me into it until I give an email and password. I never used the apple store. My daughter put candy crush on it the day I got it but neither of us remember the password. Help me please or I will have to throw away this useless phone and go back to a land line. I hate cell phones...lol

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

3 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know how. I'm being dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am NOT TECH savy at all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I can't get into my phone to make calls or text or anything else without the apple password ***** my email address. I don't know what it is. I've not used the apple store ever. My daughter did 3 yrs ago but she does not remember the pass word either. I you can't help me with this problem I will have to throw away this phone and go back to using a land line. I can't afford to pay attention much less a new phone or anymore money to you guys either. Sorry for being poor
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the iTunes ID or apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

It's my email.***@******.***
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago

Do you have an access to the gmail account (*****@******.***)? Because I can send you the verification code for resetting.

Or your follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

­