Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I bought a used iPhone 5s was told it was unlocked is there…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used iPhone 5s was told it was unlocked is there a way u can help me do that

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven’t but it’s totally wiped

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It just tell sim not supported and I can’t get passed that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/14/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. Ok yes, the phone must be locked to another carrier preventing you from using your new carrier SIM.

SO, there are two ways to do this.. The easiest way beleive it or not is to take the phone into your new carrier and they can unlock it for you which requires a tool. Another way is to actually order the sim tool to unlock your phone.. There is nothing you can do yourself with either of those two options...