Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am from the caribbean. i bought an iphone SE at queens…

Customer Question
I am from the...

I am from the caribbean. i bought an iphone SE at queens five towns last summer while on vacation. The phone worked well while in the u.s but when I return to my country it never worked. I sent it back up to get unlocked to which I did and now I have a much bigger problem. I cannot remember my icloud password. Can you help me in any way. I have my receipt infront of me showing proof of purchasing phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have been trying to recover it since yesterday but to no avail

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. i have tried n tried but nothing. I love the phone soo much.Its telling me the account is locked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so. I just wanna find out if there is anyway my code can reset so i can do a new one. As I said I have the receipt with proof of purchase with the barcode number at the bottom

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/13/2017
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi,my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. What have you done so far to reset your apple password?

I went on appleid to try resetting the password ***** the account is locked
I got to the point where it asks for the phone number i used to set up the account but couldnt remember since it was a friend of mine who used his details to purchase phone
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password ***** to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day (24 hours later).

If you use two factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID. And if you have a recovery key, you can use it to help you regain access to your account.

If you see a message that is different from the alerts above and you can't reset your password ***** you will need to click here on this link https://getsupport.apple.com/

Schedule a phone call with Apple directly so they can get this unlocked for you