Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Some how I messed up my phone id and now it is asking for a…

Customer Question
Some how I messed...

Some how I messed up my phone id and now it is asking for a PUK number. I have no idea what this is and can not call you because I am blocked! My unlock number is ***** I just tried to lock my phone with no help because I now have UBER and my card info HELP! I work tomorrow and need my phone! I feel so dumb! My phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

About 15 minutes ago when I tried to change the password...

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

How do I do that? Sim card has been locked and only emergency calls can be made.

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope I am in a group payment program, but my name and phone number are on it and have been for quite a while. family

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/13/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 4 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To get the PUK code to access the phone again, you must contact your phone service provider, e.g. Verizon or T-Mobile...

ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer