Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

My phone was charging, when it came back it was on a screen…

Customer Question
My phone was charging...

My phone was charging, when it came back it was on a screen that said 'hello'

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone 6s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

This just happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

It appears to have reset but I didn't reset it. When I do a soft reset I can see faintly my old screen image but then it fades to the hello screen

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 2 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. It seems like your phone factory reset itself. Have you tried walking through the set up of the phone past the "hello" screen?

It is saying the activation server can't be reached, etc. But I am hoping to avoid the reset as I have not backed up much data and information. When I do a soft reset, after it comes back up you can see the image that I had on my phone. I am hoping that means the data is still there.

I understand you do not want to lose your information. However, the reset is already done if you are at the hello screen.

One other piece of information. I have received a couple of calls and they have the information from my phone (person's name or company name). This plus the faint image I get when I do a soft reset leads me to believe my data is still on the device but inaccessible.
Technician: Harry, IT replied 2 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Vinod Menon, Customer Service