Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iphone 5 will not turn on. Nothing happens. I have a

Customer Question
Second opinion] My iphone 5...
Second opinion] My iphone 5 will not turn onJA: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?Customer: yes, nothing happensJA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: I have a Mophie charger on it and that does not seem to start the phone. I have charged the phone by itself and no results.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/12/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 8 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

That is the only method for a soft reset for your model device. Does the phone respond in any way when it is plugged in to the charger or mophie?

No
The phone does not respond in any way connected to the charger or mophie.

That would unfortunately indicate either the battery is in need of replacement or that the charging port is not working. Is the phone still under warranty?

I do not know???

How long have you owed it?

2 maybe 3 years.

Ok it is past warranty. You would have to get it repaired. If it were me I would probably purchase a new device because repairs can be costly and typically only carry a short guarantee.

Thanks for the input.

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Kindly rate my personal service to you at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am credited for my time.

Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance. Thank you, Samuel

Please take a moment and rate so I may close thank you!!

Thanks for the help. I had for purchase a new phone due the old phone battery was fried.

That was probably the most cost-effective way to handle it though I am sure you do not plan on buying a new device. Well, rate my work I did with you when you can. It shows the company I am handling all requests.

Thanks

Samuel