Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iphone that is completely dead. I cant charge it…

Customer Question
I have an iphone...

I have an iphone that is completely dead. I cant charge it or turn it on. I've received a replacement device from the Asurian insurance people. They want me to disable the phone, but the phone isn't listed in the icloud account. I am going to be charged $500.00 because the phone shows up as locked.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except that I am not very good with technical stuff.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/12/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I desperately need help

If the device does not show up in iCloud then it is not locked to iCloud. Even when a device is powered off, it will still show up in iCloud.