Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My I phone 7 has been locked up for almost two weeks. Forgot…

Customer Question
My I phone 7...

My I phone 7 has been locked up for almost two weeks. Forgot my pass code. Went on line to get it re-set and got a call to go to this site, now I need help.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, am going in circles.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you need any numbers on the phone?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/11/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, I still need help.
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 7 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

If it is your passcode you can not reset it. You have to reset the device to factory settings. This will, unfortunately, delete all unsaved data, but it is a protection against stolen devices.

Are you ready to proceed?

I'm ready to proceed, I have 30 minutes, is that enough time?

That may be enough time. As long as you have a PC with Itunes downloaded on it?

Itunes was downloaded on my PC.

Step 1: Connect your iPhone 7 to your Mac or PC with a Lightning to USB cable.

Step 2: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Down button until the screen turns off. Continue holding the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button, even after you see the Apple logo appear.

Step 4: Release the Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button once you see the Connect to iTunes message appear on the iPhone 7’s screen.

Step 5: Launch iTunes, and you should see a message stating that “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.”

Don at that point you only need to select restore and follow the prompts.

Samuel, the Apple logo did not appear. I'm almost out of time, will need to continue later.
Don

In the main time, I will try and give you clearer information on the process.

Thank You I will need help, will come back in about 1 to 2 hours.
  1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps, but don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo, wait until the connect to iTunes screen appears:
    • On your iPhone 7: Press and hold the Side (sleep) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see connect to iTunes screen.

Kindly rate my personal service to you at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am credited for my time.

Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance. Thank you, Samuel

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Samuel

Rating me is important because it opens me to help others and also lets the company see that I am working with each customer. Please take just a moment to rate me… it helps greatly!

Don, I need to close this request please... take a moment to rate me.

Thank you

***** *****

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be more than happy to help you more