Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I deleted all my photo ms from my iphone to free up space…

Customer Question
second opinion] Hello, I deleted...
second opinion] Hello, I deleted all my photo ms from my iphone to free up space and when I go to settings it still says that my photos are still taking up the most of my space. I already erased the photos from recently erased.
Please help.
Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/8/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Photos are still taking up the most of your storage.

Do you have any photos in your phone?

The photos is the yellow part of the bar. I only have around 5 photos. I deleted them all even from the erased folder

Do you have music on your phone?

Almost no music. Very little. I can’t understand why it says I have no storage. Isn’t the other really big section mean all the free space I have?

Yes, have you tried a factory reset?

How do I do a factory reset? Will that erase everything. It seems intense

Yes, it erases everything but if you have it backed up then it will restore them.

Go into Settings then General then Reset then Erase all Content and Settings

How do I do a back up first?

The iPhone is not backed up via iCloud or iTunes?

Hello yes I backed it up. What do I do now? I can’t take any pictures or download apps that I need. I have eliminated 80% of my apps to see if this helps but I still have the same problem. This can’t be. Please give me an answer quick and that you are sure that it will work.
Technician: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago

Go into Settings then General then Reset then Erase all Content and Settings then pick a date that worked before the issues

I did this and now the phone even turns off
I can’t use it for more than 10 secs

1. Tap Settings > Notifications.
2. Tap an app, then turn off Allow Notifications. Repeat this step for each app.
3. Update your device to iOS 11.2.
4. After updating, tap Settings > Notifications and turn Allow Notifications on again for each app.