Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I just upgraded to the iPhone x and seem to have lost photos…

Customer Question
I just upgraded to...

I just upgraded to the iPhone x and seem to have lost photos from the last month, they are not on my iMac or in the cloud either

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac? What about your iPhone?

10.12.6 and 11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried with your iMac?

Nothing yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't install upgrade to phone, it says that phone is backing up and when i look at backup it says phone is being restored, although its been 24 hours

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/8/2017
Technician: Joe, Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

You have lost photos that were previously on that iphone x or lost ones from a previous phone that you wanted to put onto the new iphone x?

What do you mean by can't install upgrade? Do you mean software update?

Have you tried a soft reset? This is where you hold the right side lock and volume keys until apple logo comes up. Also shown here: iphone soft reset

That may allow it to complete update, if not I'd suggest connecting directly to your computer via itunes and preforming a direct backup that way instead.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!